1.The highest spot on the ceiling is the best place for a smoke alarm.
2. In an older house that’s more than two metres from the ground.
3. That makes it the most difficult place to get to when the battery needs to be changed.
4. Especially when the ladder which lives in shed has gone walk about.
5. You can learn to ignore the low battery warning beep.
6. The low battery warning beep can last for 10 days.
7. Even though you thought you were ignoring it, you notice how good the silence is after the battery is changed when the ladder is finally located.