Monday’s questions were:
1. What breed of cattle is this?
2. Who said: “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.”?
3. Whose third Law of Motion states: “That for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”?
4. In Spanish it’s estrealla ; in French it’s étoile, in Italian it’s in Maori it’s whetu – what is it in English?
5. Which poet won the poetry section of this year’s NZ Post Book Awards (announced on Friday) for the book Just This?
Eleven people answered:
KG got one right.
Mr Gronk got two (and my general knowledge isn’t as good as the quiz suggests. As any teacher or reporter will tell you, you can get away with not knowing an answer if you knew where to look for it – and Google helps.
G got three.
Chris Bird and Gravedodger earned electronic bouquets for getting five right.
David got three (allowing that Brahman is a breed of Zebu) and a bonus for extra information.
Andrei got three.
Zen Tiger gets a bonus electronic posy for wit and doggerel.
Richard gets a point for honesty -though I’d be very surprised if you saw a Brahman in North Otago, but my farmer said you might have seen a Santa Gertrudis which began as a Shorthorn-Brahman cross.
PDM got three.
Adam got two and a bonus for humour.
Tuesday’s answers follow the break: