Monday’s questions were:
1. Who is North & South’s editor?
2. Who are the three main characters in A Town Like Alice?
3. Who is the founder and CEO of Ice Breaker?
4. Who was made a Dame for her services to children in the New Year Honours?
5. Who said, “There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” ?
Kismet got 2 2/3.
Rob got 2 and a bonus for lateral thinking for 5.
Andrei got one and a wee bonus for giving Twain’s real name as well.
Paul got 2 2/3 and a bonus for satire for his answer to 4.
David got 1.
Lynley Dodd is a Dame but she didn’t get the honour in the New Year honours. She was given the title-less honour a few years ago and became a Dame last year when National reinstated titular honours.
As to the degree of difficulty – that always depends on whether or not you know the answers.
Tuesday’s answers follow the break: