Monday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “Horse sense is a good judgement which keeps horses from betting on people.”?
2. Which horse won last year’s Melbourne Cup?
3. Name the British ex-jockey who rode for the Queen Mother then became a journalist and best-selling crime wirter.
4. It’s caballo in Spanish, cheval in French, cavallo in Italian and hoiho in Maori, what is it in English?
5. Which club hosts the Melbourne Cup and where is it held?
Points for answers:
Gravedodger got four right.
Bearhunter’s 5/5 wins the electronic bouquet.
Bulaman gets one for logic and humour.
David got 1 1/2 – taking a generous approach to his spelling and giving a bonus for correcting mine and introducing the random quote-o-meter.
PDM got three (and a potential bonus if his pick is right).
Answers follow the break: