1. Jesus Christ Super Star at the Regent Theatre in Dunedin.
One of the characters sang, Close your eyes, close your eyes . . . and I did. We had young children at the time and sleep deprivation triumphed over the excitement of a night out.
2. ENZO (Or was it ENSO?) – Otago Museum. The NZ Symphony Orchestra and NZ Ballet playing & dancing to the music of Split Enz.
The bits I was awake for were amazing but again the need for sleep was greater than the desire to watch the entertainment.
3. Evita at the Regent Theatre in Dunedin.
Another wonderful performance but I still couldn’t resist the temptation to have some very long blinks.
4. Cats at the Regent Theatre in Dunedin.
As for 3.
5. Mama Mia at the TSB Arena in Wellington last night.
It’s been one of those fortnights this week and when the lights dimmed gravity pulled my eyelids down. That shouldn’t be regarded as a reflection on the show. I was wide awake for the second half and thoroughly enjoyed it.