Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “Champions aren’t made in the gym? Champions are made from something deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision.”?
2. Who won New Zealand’s first Olympic medal (then competing for Australasia), who won NZ’s first medal competing for NZ, who was the first New Zealander to win gold and who was first to win gold for NZ?
3. It’s gagner in French, vincere in Italian, ganar in Spanish and toa in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Who was New Zealand’s first female gold medalist and who was our first female double gold medalist?
5. Who was our first triple gold medalist, first quintuple gold medalists and first female triple gold medalist?
Points for answers:
Alwyn got 3 2/3, it was Fergusson.
Andrei got 2 1/2 with a nod for 1908 and a bonus for extra information.
Gravedodger got 1 and enough fractions to make another point.
Grant got 2 1/2.
Adam got 1.
I think that means the electronic coffee sponge goes to Alwyn.
Tough questions and also difficult to mark with all these fractions.
I got the answers from Wikipedia, I’m open to challenges if any of you have another source with different answers.
Answers follow the break: