RadioLive might be looking for a new afternoon host to replace John Tamihere who is working towards a political comeback.
Rachel Glucina’s picks for his replacement to work with Willie Jackson are:
1. Cameron Slater – He’s polarising and partisan, but can cross-pollinate via his widely viewed website.
2. Linda Clark – Her school ma’am whip-cracking is TV gold, but she’s unlikely to forgo Chapman Tripp responsibilities.
3. Paul Henry – If he actually liked talkback he’d be a welcome return. He’s in the MediaWorks stable and his TV show is yet to have a start date, so maybe he can be persuaded.
4. Mark Sainsbury – He wants a job in media and is already a contributor to the station.
5. Grant Dalton – Does he have a job? He’s certainly got plenty of opinions, mostly sporting, unfortunately.
6. Anna Guy – She’s desperate to be a media star, but with a fifth kid on the way and limited views beyond motherhood and Feilding farming she’s an unlikely contender.
7. Rachel Hunter – She’s a bona fide media star with a big TV following. But can she make the transition to radio?
A bit of tension and strong differences of opinion between hosts can be good on radio.
You’d certainly get that with Jackson and Slater who are just about polar opposites on the political spectrum.