Monday’s questions were:
1. Who uses these phrases and what do they stand for: Dirty Gerttie, Tweak of the Thumb and Red Raw?
2. Name six members of the G8?
3. It’s farfalla in Italian, mariposa in Spanish and papillon in French – what is it in English?
4. Who said: “If you want something said, ask a man . . . if you want something done, ask a woman.”
5. The first four lines of our National Anthem in Maori are: E Ihowa Atua/O nga iwi matou ra/Ata whakarongona;
/Me aroha noa . What are the next four lines?
Gravedodger gets the electronic bunch of flowers with 4 right.
Paul got 2 1/2 right (they are numbers used by housie callers but you forgot to say which numbers they refer to) with a bonus for good try for # 3 and accuracy and humour for #5.
Adam got 2 right. I’m not familiar with Lilo Lil but he can have a 1/2 for her too and a bonus for humour for #4.
PDM got two right, 1/2 for being close and making me smile for #1 and 1/2 for #4 because he may be right.
The answers follow the break:
UPDATE: Bearhunter answered after I’d done the marking this morning and scored 4 1/2 which earns an electronic bunch of flowers too.