Taking place this Waitangi holiday, 7-8 February, the inaugural Games feature national championships and Trans Tasman challenges for ‘sports that built the nation’ including wood chopping, speed shearing, speed fencing, sheep dog trials and the four iconic Highland Games ‘heavy’ events.
The Topp Twins provide entertainment on both days and there are fun events for kids as well as local food and wine all set in the stunning Southern Alps. For more details see www.ruralgames.co.nz.
This amazing prize includes:
- 1 x Family ‘full event’ pass for the Games weekend, 7-8 February; that includes both days and the Queenstown Summer Concert with Jody Direen and friends (Sat 7.30-10.30pm) for 2 adults and up to 3 kids
- Use of a Toyota Hilux for the weekend
- Two nights’ 4-Star hotel accommodation at the Heritage Queenstown provided by Ngai Tahu Farming
- A year’s supply of milk from Fonterra
- Branded clothing from Wild Buck and Line7.
You’ll find the entry form with terms and conditions at the link above.
There’s more on the Hilux NZ Rural Games here.
P.S. I chair the Trust which is running the Games.