A crisis brings out the best and the worst in people.
Among the good:
* the landlord who turned up at a small business and told the tenant he was forgoing rent for the next few months.
* the Subway franchisee who gave the fresh food she’s no longer able to sell to a food bank.
* the people who have created virtual networks with neighbours so people can ask for, and offer, help.
* the people who are doing what they should be – shopping as normal, maintaining safe distances from others, staying at home.
* the health professionals who are working to keep us all safe.
Among the bad:
* the panic buyers of groceries, alcohol and guns.
* the people who won’t follow the directive to stay home except for essential trips and maintain a two meter distance from others when they’re out.