Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.?
2. Name three of the seven heavenly virtues.
3. It’s verdad in Spanish, pono in Maori and what in English?
4. Who wrote Paradise Lost?
5. In recognition of New Zealand Music Month, what’s your favourite NZ song?
Teletext wins a virtual box of chocolates for a clean sweep.
Answers follow the break:
1. Martin Luther King.
2. I found two options: Chastity, temperance, charity (or love), diligence, patience, kindness, and humility; or prudence, justice, temperance and courage (or fortitude) with the three theological virtues, from the letters of St. Paul, faith, hope, and charity (or love).
4. John Milton
5. I saturated to answer this but settled on HIne E Hine.