Andrei wins a virtual haggis for answering Thursday’s questions and can claim a virtual batch of shortbread for his question by leaving the answer below.
- Name three countries of which is Andrew the Saint.
- Cyprus, Scotland, Greece, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, San Andres Island, Colombia, Barbados and Tenerife.
- 2. Andrew is the saint of which two occupations?
- Fishermen, fish mongers and singers. (I do realise that’s three, but I asked for two, thinking it was just fishermen and singers but when Andrei put fishmongers I consulted Professor Google who said fishmongers too). The professor told me that Andrew’s also the saint of women wanting to be mothers, gout and sore throats.
3. The diagonal cross of St Andrew and Scotland is called what?
4. Why is it associated with St Andrew?
He was crucified on a diagonal cross.
5. What’s your favourite Scottish song?
Loch Lomond and the Skye Boat Song tie for first equal with me.