Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. ?
2. Who wrote Tom Brown’s School Days?
3. It’s élève in French, allievo in Italian, alumno in Spanish and tauira in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Which is New Zealand’s oldest state girls’ secondary school?
5. What attributes made your best teacher so good?
Points for answers:
Teletext wins a virtual tin of Belgium square for a clean sweep.
Grant got three right.
Answers follow the break:
2. Thomas Hughes.
4. Otago Girls’ ( of which my mother was a pupil).
5. One made learning fun, another inspired me to learn more.