Of the 10 homes visited:
- Three were owned by NZ citizens
- One by a couple applying for permanent residency
- One was a renter who didn’t know her landlord
- One woman didn’t speak English
- The rest – no one answered.
My grasp of stats isn’t great but I don’t think any reliable conclusions on Labour’s assertions can be garnered from this small sample.
Regardless of that, what about the privacy of the data and the people identified from it?
If I was one of the people on the list I’d be laying a complaint with the privacy commissioner.
I might also be talking to whichever is the appropriate body for dealing with complaints about the media behaviour.