Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: I’m giving him a Useful Pot to Keep Things In, . . and to whom was he giving it?
2. What is an aglet?
3. It’s chose in French, cosa in Italian and Spanish and mea in Maori, what is it in English?
4. What is a gnomon?
5. What useful thing/s other might not have that you’d put in your ideal kitchen?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four right (right characters in wrong order for #1) and a bonus for extra information.
Tracey got two and J Bloggs got four.
Answers follow the break:
1. Pooh Bear to Eyeore.
2. The plastic bit on the end of a shoe lace.
4. The thing that casts a shadow to show the time on a sundial.
5. A divider in the pot drawer to separate the pots and the lids and a tool, the name and brand of which I don’t know, that helps remove lids which are reluctant to be removed.