Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.?
2. Who captained the Royal Navy sloop HMS Resolution on voyages to New Zealand?
3. It’s résoudre in French, too easy in Italian and Spanish, beschließen in German and whakatau in Maori, what is it in English?
4. What was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s 2015 resolution?
5. If you could make a resolution for someone else who and what would it be?
Points for answers:
JBloggs got four and good luck for #5.
Teletext wins a virtual box of stone fruit with five right, a bonus for extra information and my seconding of #5.
Answers follow the break:
1. Benjamin Franklin.
2.Captain James Cook.
4. To read a book every fortnight.
5. Food industry to provide appetising and satisfying low fat and low sugar snacks and meals.