The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 450,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 19 days for that many people to see it.
Among the stats are most viewed posts:
- 1 Todd Barclay Nat candidate for Clutha Sthlnd 19 comments April 2014
- 2 Should never have called it ‘global warming’ 257 comments December 2014
- 3 Why agriculture matters 191 comments October 2014
- 4 How long should a gas cylinder last? 8 comments January 2009
- 5 New Cabinet announced 2 comments
The top referring sites:
No Minister is consistently the site from which most visitors come.
Keeping Stock is still a top referrer even though, sadly, it has gone into recess.
And the five most active commenters:
- 1 robertguyton 1286 comments
- 2 TraceyS 1197 comments
- 3 Dave Kennedy 1045 comments
- 4 Mr E 984 comments
- 5 Andrei 645 comments
Thank you all for reading and even more for contributing to conversations.
I’ve been blogging much less since late September. Readership has dropped as a consequence – I’m hoping that’s a case of less quantity and more quality. 🙂
P.S. Thanks to WordPress and its staff who provide the platform for this blog, give prompt and helpful assistance when it’s required and provide such good service.