Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said:You are born an artist or you are not. And you stay an artist, dear, even if your voice is less of a fireworks. The artist is always there. ?
2.What is the difference between luminescence and incandescence?
3. It’s cierge maqique in French, bengala in Italian and Spanish, I couldn’t find it in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Who was the English monarch when Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up the parliament?
5. Should the private use of fireworks be banned?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four.
Alwyn got four and a nearly for #4.
J Bloggs got four.
PDM got a smile for contributing to the conversation.
Answers follow the break:
1. Maria Callas.
2. Luminescence is cold light, light that usually occurs at low temperatures; incandescence is hot light, produced when objects are hot enough to glow
4. James 1 (who was as Andrei said, James v1 of Scotland).
5. I’d prefer irresponsible behaviour was targeted before a ban was contemplated.