Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: I have behind me not only the splendid traditions and the annals of more than a thousand years but the living strength and majesty of the Commonwealth and Empire; of societies old and new; of lands and races different in history and origins but all, by God’s Will, united in spirit and in aim.?
2. How many countries are in the Commonwealth?
3. It’s argent in French, argento in Italian, plata in Spanish and hiriwa in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Who won New Zealand’s first gold in the 1974 Commonwealth Games and in which event?
5. Has the Commonwealth had its day?
Points for answers:
Andrei got got four and a bonus for reasoning for #2.
JC scored a duck.
Gravedodger got three and a near-enough for #2.
Willdwan got 1 for answering #5 and a bonus for the quote.
Alwyn got four and a near enough for #2.
Rob got three.
PDM got three.
Answers follow the break:
1. Queen Elizabeth II.
4. Dick Taylor, 10,000 m.