Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: In large states, public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad.?
2. What is a spurtle?
3. It’s four in French, forno in Italian, horno in Spanish and oumu in Maori, what is it in English?
4. What would you do with a toque?
5. You’ve got half an hour to prepare a meal for unexpected guests, what do you cook?
Points for answers:
Ray and Gravedodger get four with a bonus for the menu.
J Bloggs also got four and Andrei got three.
Answers follow the break:
1. Friedrich Nietzsche.
2. A Scottish cooking tool, usually wooden, used for stirring porridge.
4. Wear it on your head. It’s a hat, with a small or no brim in general and specifically the tall brimless hat worn by a chef.