Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” ?
2. Who wrote The Grapes of Wrath?
3. It’s chou in French, cavolo in Italian, repollo in Spanish and kāpeti in Maori – what is it in English?
4. What is a mangelwurzel?
5. If you could eat only one fruit and one vegetable which would they be?
Points for answers:
Taking a generous approach to answers to number 4:
Andrei got four right.
J Bloggs, Paranormal and Ray all win an electronic batch of shortbread for five right.
PDM gets a welcome back and three.
Gravedodger got four.
Answers follow the break:
1. Julia Child.
2. John Steinbeck
4. A root vegetable – also called mangold, mangel beet, field beet and fodder beet.
5. Oranges and tomatoes, though if tomatoes are counted as a fruit I’ll change that to carrots.