Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: My spelling is Wobbly. It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
2. What are an ampersand and an octothorp?
3. It’s écriture in French, scritto in Italian, escritura in Spanish and tuhituhi in Maori, what is it in English?
4. What is a libretto?
5. How much does how you write/speak matter?
Points for answers:
Willdwan got two right and a right-track for #3.
J Bloggs got 4 1/2.
Andrei wins an electronic peach crumble for five right and a bonus for extra information.
Answers follow the break.
1. A.A. Milne – via Winnie the Pooh.
2. The symbols & for and and # for hash.
4. A book or text containing the words of an opera.
5. How you say it can enhance or detract from what you write/say.