Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.?
2. What was the title of Thomas Hughes’s novel set at Rugby School?
3. It’s élève in French, allievo in Italian, alumno in Spanish and koringo in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Who sang Schools out for Summer?
5. If you could do one thing to improve education, what would it be?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four right.
Alwyn wins an electronic box of apricots for a clean sweep.
Paul got a welcome back, and three right plus a bonus for lateral thinking.
Paranormal got four and a bonus for honesty.
Grant also wins an electronic box of apricots for a clean sweep (taking a generous view of his answer to #3 because all words given translate to pupil but I’m not sure they all translate to graduate).
Answers follow the break:
1. Nelson Mandela.
2. Tom Brown’s School Days.
4. Alice Cooper.
5. Make sure teachers perform and are paid as skilled professionals.