Thursday’s questions were:
1. What do Honoré de Balzac, Maria Callas, Frédéric Chopin, René Lalique, Molière, Jim Morrison, Édith Piaf and Oscar Wilde have in common, apart from the arts?
2. What’s the difference between a hunkypunk and a gargoyle?
3. The Strait of Gibraltar separates which two bodies of water?
4. What does lachrymogenic mean?
5. Have you a preference between this format and the ones I usually do with a theme?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four, and yes I did struggle to find a theme after starting with the gargoyle question.
Willdwan got three with a bonus for creativity.
Alwyn wins an electronic bowl of raspberries for a clean sweep with a bonus for extra information.
Grant got four and a bonus for the smile that came with his answer to numbers 2 and 5.
Answers follow the break:
1. The, or their ashes, are or were buried in Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris.
2. A hunkypunk is purely decorative, a gargoyle has a purpose – draining water through its mouth.
3. Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.
4. Causing tears or weeping.