I know it’s Saturday, but I was a day late with Thursday’s questions which were:
1. Who said: The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.”?
2. In her book Superwoman Shirely Conran wrote Life’s too short to stuff a what?
3. It’s occupé in French, occupato in Italian, ocupado in Spanish and toritori in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Who left a note on his front door saying: GON OUT BACKSON BISY BACKSON?
5. Does tempus fugit faster as we age?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four and a bonus for the music.
Grant got three and a half – right book, wrong character.
Gravedodger got two with bonuses for humour.
Answers follow the break:
1. Lewis Carroll in Alice In Wonderland.
2. Mushroom (though I used to stuff them with breadcrumbs, onions and herbs, top with parmesan and bake).
4. Christopher Robin.
5. Definitely. It used to take years to get from one Christmas to another, now it’s only weeks.