Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.?
2. Who said: Government ‘help’ to business is just as disastrous as government persecution… the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.?
3. Who said: A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.?
4. Who said; ““Being democratic is not enough, a majority cannot turn what is wrong into right. In order to be considered truly free, countries must also have a deep love of liberty and an abiding respect for the rule of law.”?
5. Have you voted yet, if not are you going to?
Points for answers:
Raymond scored 3ish. (the ish because as you’ll see below the quote attributed to Jefferson).
Andrei got three.
Alwyn scored 4 and a bonus for the extra quote.
Answers follow the break.
1. Thomas Jefferson.
2. Ayn Rand.
3. Gerald Ford. It’s been attributed to Jefferson: http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/government-big-enough-to-give-you-everything-you-wantquotation
4. Margaret Thatcher.
5. Not yet but I will vote for mayor and councillors, probably won’t for health board.