Thursday’s questions (Maori language week edition) were:
1. What does this mean: He aha te mea nui? He tangata. He tangata. He tangata?
2. What is a tīwaiwaka?
3. Who was the earth mother and sky father?
4. what do katau and mauī mean?
5. Do you have a tūrangawaewae?
Points for answers:
Andrei gets a bonus for honesty.
Paranormal gets one and a bonus for humour.
Robert wins an electronic chocolate sponge with five right and a bonus for pedantry, which in this case is encouraged.
1. What is the most important thing? It is people. It is people. It is people.
3. Papatuanuku and Ranginui (Papa and Rangi.
4. Right and left.
5. North Otago, specifically Mount Doment, Kakanui and Waitaki Rivers for me.