Andrei supplied the questions for Thursday’s quiz:
(1) Who said “What good is the warmth of summer, without the
cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
(2) Which city is known as the coldest city on Earth? And you can
count on it, no matter how cold it gets this winter at your place it will
be positively balmy compared to this town where the temperature in
winter has been known to drop below -60 °C
(3) It is froid in French, freddo in Italian,
frio in Spanish and холодно (holodno) in Russian –
what is it in English?
(4) Who was the leader of the Great Siberian Ice March?
(5) How will you keep your house warm this winter?
He wins an electronic chocolate sponge for stumping us all.
It can be claimed by leaving the answers below.