Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “Peace begins with a smile.”?
2. Who was the spy hunter in Graham Greene’s book Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy?
3. It’s sourire in French, sorriso in Italian, sonrisa in Spanish and I couldn’t find a noun in Maori but the verb is mene.
4. What’s the name of this song and what is the last line of this verse:
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying?
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5. What five things will always make you smile?
Points for answers:
Alwyn wins an electronic basket of stone fruit with a clean-sweep and a bonus for correcting my literary slip.
Andrei also wins an electronic basket of stone fruit with a clean sweep and a bonus for making me smile with his answer to #5.
Willdwan got four right and a bonus for making me grin with his/her answer to #5.
Answers follow the break.
1. Mother Teresa.
2. George Smiley.
4. Smile, If you smile just .