Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said, All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.?
2. Who wrote Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less and why?
3. It’s richesse in French, ricchezza, riqueza in Spanish and rawa in Maori, what is it in English?
4. The following lyrics come from which song from which show?
“Dear God, you made many, many poor people.
I realize, of course, that it’s no shame to be poor.
But it’s no great honor either!
So, what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune?”
5. If you won a fortune what would you do with it?
Points for answers:
Andrei wins an electronic basket of stone fruit with a clean sweep.
Bulaman got 2 and a half for the right author (but missed the other half for the reason) and a bonus for added comment.
Grant got four – and reminded me of the quip from a farmer who said if he won a fortune he’d just keep farming til it was gone.
Answers follow the break.
1. Spike Milligan.
2. Jeffrey Archer. He’d been nearly bankrupted after being defrauded.
4. If I were a Rich Man, Fiddler on the Roof.