1. Who said: “ The news is being flashed far and wide, and before our earth has revolved on her axis every civilized community within the reach of the electric wires will have received the tidings that civic freedom has been granted to the women of New Zealand. … It does not seem a great thing to be thankful for, that the gentlemen who confirm the laws which render women liable to taxation and penal servitude have declared us to be “persons”… We are glad and proud to think that even in so conservative a body as the Legislative Council there is a majority of men who are guided by the principles of reason and justice, who desire to see their womenkind treated as reasonable beings, and who have triumphed over prejudice, narrow-mindedness and selfishness.“?
2. Which flower is the symbol of women’s suffrage?
3. In which year did women in New Zealand gain the right to vote?
4. Who was Premier when women got the right to vote?
5. In which year was the first election in which New Zealand women were able to vote?