* As is the mother, so is her daughter. Ezekiel 16:4
* If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do well matters very much. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
* A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.Dorothy Canfield Fisher
* At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you’ve left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent. Golda Meir
* The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. Honore de Balzac
* By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
* Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. Oprah Winfrey
* Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone
* Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women’s opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering. Elaine Heffner
* The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. Rajneesh
* The best thing a father can do for his children is love their mother. Anonymous
* When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. Sophia Loren
* All mothers are working mothers. Author unkonwn.
* The mother loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him/her with comfort and anticipates his/her wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his/her best. Washington Irving
* On Mother’s Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You’re my mother, I would have no other! Forest Houtenschil
UPDATE: – Whoops, I”m a week early, Mothers’ Day is next week.