Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.”?
2. Who wrote Black Beech and Honeydew and Died In The Wool?
3. It’s chemin in French, strada in Italian, camino in Spanish and rori in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Do you understand the give-way rules and are they an improvement on the old ones?
5. Marmite or vegemite?
Points for answers:
Alwyn wins an electronic batch of biscuits of her choice with five right and a bonus for extra information.
PDM got two and a bonus for deduction.
Adam got three – though I’ll give a fourth if he has a source for Swift rather than Lewis for #1.
Grant got four with a bonus for extra information and the smile.
Teletext also wins an electronic batch of baking of her/his choice with five right and a bonus for the names rather than initials.
Gravedodger got four with a bonus for remembering fifth form English.
1. C.S. Lewis.
2. Dame Ngaio Marsh.
4. Yes & yes.
5. Vegemite, very thinly spread, though I’ll accept marmite if there’s no choice.