Thursday’s questions were:
1. What is paregmenon?
2. Who said: “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is let it rain“?
3. What is a whio?
4. It’s pluie in French, pioggia in Italian, lluvia in Spanish and ua in Maori, what is it in English?
5. Who was New Zealand’s first Jewish premier?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four.
Zen got four with a bonus for word plays.
PDM got a grin – and thanks for your concern but I’m in good humour and my farmer is safe.
Grant got three and an on-the-right-track for #1 with a bonus for listening to his mother.
GD got three with a bonus for the bread and extra information.
Teletext wins an electronic bag of peaches for five right.
1. The juxtaposition of words with a similar derivation eg sense and sensibility.
2. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
3. Blue duck.
5. Julius Vogel.