Thursday’s questions were:
1. By what name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu better known?
2. What are the symbols for sodium and potassium?
3. It’s gagner in French; vincere in Italian; ganar in Spanish and wini in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Moke Lake is close to which much larger lake?
5. Which of Lloyd Jones’ novels is being filmed in New Zealand at the moment and who is the actor who plays the main character?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four right.
Cadwallader got 4 1/2 (accepting that overcome in some contexts is close enough to win).
Adam got one, possibly for # 2.
Teletext gets an electronic batch of uffins for 5 right.
Answers follow the break:
1. Mother Teresa.
2. Na, K.
5. Mr Pip, Hugh Laurie.