How can Labour spin the latest One News Colmar Brunton poll result? Let me count the ways:
1. Only one poll counts.
2. It’s a rogue poll.
3. We can pretend we didn’t leak details of the capital gains tax before polling was done.
4. Polling was done before the tax package was announced and that will be a game changer.
5. The tax policy is irrelevant because people aren’t interested in details.
6. Our supporters don’t have phones.
7. Our supporters are out/too busy when polling companies call.
8. Polling companies are owned by rich pricks.
9. We’ve got more than four months to turn things round.
10. We don’t comment on polls.