Thursday’s questions were:
1. Which Finance Minister presented the Black Budget in 1958?
2. Who holds the position of Associate Finance Minister?
3. It’s preventivo in Italian, presupuesto in Spanish, (I can’t find it in Maori) – what does it mean in English?
4. Who said ”Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.‘” And in whcih book written by whom?
5. Who wrote: Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less?
Points for answers:(Letting everyone away with just one of the two associate ministers because it wasn’t clear fromt he question there is more than one).
JC got 1 1/3 with a grin for the possum.
Gravedoger and Bearhunter both got five with a bonus for extra information winning an electronic batch banana cake (with choclate icing).
Paul got 3 1/3 and a bonus for wit.
Cadwallader got 2 1/3 with a bonus for wisdom.
Adam got four and a wry grin for staire.
1. Arnold Nordmeyer.
2. Steven Joyce and Simon Power.
4. Wilkins Micawber in David Copperfield byCharles Dickens.
5. Jeffrey Archer.