Thursday’s questions were:
1. What is ombrology?
2. Who said: “Statistics are the triumph of the quantitative method, and the quantitative method is the victory of sterility and death”?
3. Who wrote the poem The Magpies?
4. Name three of the seven instruments usually found in the woodwind section of an orchestra.
5. Name the ship which landed at Port Chalmers with the first settlers for Otago on March 23rd 1848.
Points for answers:
Gravedodger got four right with a bonus for the witty weather observation which wins an electronic bloom.
Adam got three and a smile for his question.
Andrei got four and a bonus for extra musical detail which also wins an electronic bloom.
David got two right.
Answers follow the break:
1. Study of rain.
2. Hilaire Belloc.
3. Denis Glover.
4. Piccolo, flute, bassoon, English horn, oboe, clarinet, saxophone,
5. John Wickliffe.