Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who was the 2010 New Zealander for the Year?
2. What is a Malus domestica?
3. Who wrote Flowers For Mrs Harris?
4. Who said: “A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours.”
5. Doug and Rowland Smith broke which record this week?
Points for answers:
Simfarmer got one right and a bonus for having the right priorities.
Fred got two right, a bonus for being specific about the shearing and another for the answers to #3 & #4 which could be right even if it’s not what I was seeking.
Andrei got three right.
Gravedodger got three right and a bonus for #3 & 3$ on the same grounds I awarded Fred.
Adam got two right.
Bearhunter got three.
Gravedodger wins an electronic box of nectarines for highest points with most right. Andrei and Bearhunter get an electronic bag of cherries because they answered the same number of questions correctly and Fred gets one for gaining the same number of points.
The answers follow the break:
1. Ray Avery.
3. Paul Gallico.
4. J. B. Priestly.
5. The world two-stand, eight-hours, strongwool ewes shearing record.