Thursday’s questions were:
1. Who wrote: “I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.”?
2. What line follows this one: “Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!”?
3. By what vehicles did Fred Dagg’s Three Kings travel?
4. Which country did King Wenceslas rule?
5. Name the Three Wise Men.
Points for answers:
Rob got 2 1/2 and a bonus for humour.
Andrei got three.
Bearhunter wins the electronic boquet for five right with bonuse for extra inofrmation and humour.
Adam gets one for philosophy and an appreciative bonus for being appreciative.
PDM gets close enough with the reindeer to get one with a bonus for humour.
The answers follow the break:
1. Charles Dickens.
2. On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
3. Tractor, car, scooter.
5. Melchior, Caspar and Balthasar.