Monday’s questions were:
1. Who is the President of Chile?
2. Who is the patron saint of miners?
3. Who said, “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.”?
4. It’s trabajador in Spanish, travailleur in French, lavoratore in Italian and kaimahi in Maori – what is it in English?
5. Who is the outgoing Director General of Agriculture & Forestry and who is his successor?
Points for answers:
Andrei got four.
David got one, a bonus for deduction and another for not ignoring the quiz when he realised he didn’t know the answers.
Bearhunter got 3 (would have been four if you’d followed your instinct on Wilde) with a bonus for comments.
Gravedodger got four and a bonus for paying attention which earns him the electronic bouquet.
Adam got four.
Bobux gets a bonus for being right.
PDM got one right and a bonus for smile-inducing logic.
Answers follow the break:
1. Sebastián Pinera
2.In Chile it’s San Lorenzo (Saint Lawrence) but Saint Barbara or Anne also look after miners.
3. Oscar Wilde.
5. Murray Sherwin, Wayne McNee.