Monday’s questions were:
1. What is an udometer?
2. What do the following coffee shop terms mean: brevé, granita and lungo?
3. How many monarchs have come from the House of Windsor?
4. Which book won the 2010 NZ Post Children’s Book Award?
5. Who said: “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants”?
As often happens, the answers show the people who erespond know more about the subject of the questions than I do so I’m prepared to accept variations on the coffee theme.
G got a clean sweep and the electronic bouquet.
David got one right, a bonus for reasoning (even though it led to the wrong conclusion) and another for added information ont he quote.
Bearhunter got two and also gets a bonus for more infomration ont he quote.
Ray got 4 and a bonus for honesty.
Paul got 2 2/3 with a bonus for moder technology.
The answers follow the break.
1. A rain gauge (also known as a pluviometer).
2. espressos with semi-skimmed milk; latte with frozen milk and a long pull of espresso.
3. Four: George V, Edward VIII, George VI and Elizabeth II.
4. Old Hu-Hu by Kyle Mewburn & Rachel Driscoll.
5. Sir Isaac Newton.