Monday’s questions were:
1. Who wrote Died in the Wool?
2. What is Leptospermum Scoparium?
3. DINKIE stands for Double income No Kids – what do OINK and SILKY stand for?
4. What are the seven deadly sins?
5.What gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavour?
Points for answering:
Deborah got all the deadly sins on her second attampt (and I”m not sure what it means that she knew them but none of the other answers).
JC got one right and a bonus for confession.
Andrei got 1, 1/2 of #3 and 6/7 of the sins.
David got two right, a bonus for pedantry because yes, he had explained that species’ names are lower case; another bonuse for added information on bergamot, 6/7 of the sins and 3/4 for #3 – right with Oink and 1/2 right with SILKY.
Paul got three and 4/7 with a bonus for humour.
Gravedodger got four, a bonus for extra information and another for introducing me to PEGSLAG.
Kismet got 4 6/7.
PDM got 7/7 for the sins and a yuk for his answer to #5.
The answers follow the break.
1. Ngaio Marsh.
3. One Income No Kids, Single Income, Loads fo Kids.
4. pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.