Monday’s questions were:
1. What are you playing if you hear man alive, doctor’s orders, clikety click, two fat ladies and top of the shop?
2. Monrovia is the capital of which country?
3. What is an eponym?
4. Who said: Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.
5. Which is New Zealand’s second windiest city?
Inventory 2 got one and a bonus for explaining doctor’s orders.
Deborah got two.
David got three.
PDM got two.
Gravedodger get’s the electronic bunch of flowers for four right – so nearly five because he mentioned Palmerston North.
Rob got three and a bonus for lingusitic reasoning with #4.
Paul got three right. Who’s Larry McMurtry?
I’m writing this on Monday evening and scheduling it for Tuesday afternoon, if anyone answers the quiz after this and before it’s published s/he’ll have to score her/himself.
The answers follow the break:
1. Bingo – standing for: 5, 9, 66, 88 and 90.
3. The name of someone after whom something is named (usually the one who discovered it eg a bunsen burner named after Professor R.W. Bunsen).
4. Oprah Winfrey.
5. Palmerston North.