Monday’s questions were:
1. What is a gnomon?
2. Which New Zealand author lost his left leg in 1940?
3. Who wrote Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge?
4. Which author rode the Queen Mother’s race horses?
5. Who said, If you steal from one author, it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many it’s research”?
Fairfacts Media gets a point for the speed and wit of his response.
Andrei got 3 plus 1/2 for his answer to 5.
Samo got 2 and I think another 1 for the answer to 4 – although I wasn’t thinking of Lester Piggot I think he wrote an autobigoraphy which technically makes him a writer.
PDM gets one and a bonus for his answer to 5.
Teletext is the winner with 4.
Paul Tremewan got 1 right and a bonus for teaching me something.
Tuesday’s answers follow the break:
1. The pillar, rod, pin or plate of a sundial which casts the shadow.
2. Maurice Duggan.
3. Mem Fox.
4. Dick Francis.
5. Wilson Mizner.