Monday’s questions were:
1. What does fiat panis mean?
2. What is a Kārearea?
3. Who said: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid of misinformed beholder a black eye.”?
4. Where is Timbuktu?
5. Who wrote Beak of the Moon?
Samo is this week’s champion with a clean sweep.
Gravedodger got three right, a half for knowing where the motto came from in #1 and a bonus for extra information in answering 2 & 4.
Lilacsigil got three right and a bonus for getting the whole answer to #1.
Cactus Kate gets a point because it was inevitable someone would make the suggestion she did.
PDM got 2 and a bonus for reasoning, albeit wrongly, with #3.
Paul Tremewan got two, a half for his answer to #2 (not wrong but not the whole answer) and a bonus for remembering school Latin.
The answers follow the break:
1. Let there be bread.(It’s the motto of the UN Food & Agriculture Organisation).
2. The New Zealand falcon (hat tip: Half Pie).
3. Miss Piggy.
4. In Mali about 15 km north of the Niger River.
5. Philip Temple.