Monday’s questions were:
1. Which are New Zealand’s second and third highest mountains?
2. Who wrote The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency?
3. Who said: Thinking Men Cannot Be Ruled”?
4. What is a grampus?
5. Since it’s International Languages Week: which languages do the following greetings come from:
b) bula vinaka
Paul Tremewan who must be reigning champion, gets the electronic bouquet – is it too early for a sprig of daphne? – for getting 4 4/5 correct; Gravedodger gets 2 2/5 for honesty, Paul L can have a bonus for amusing me ( when work avoiding as I am because of an essay due tomorrow I’m very easily amused) and Paul Corrigan gets a bonus for additional information.
Anyone who finds a link between the name Paul and ability to answer quiz questions can have a bonus too.
Tuesday’s answers follow the break:
1. Mount Tasman – 3498 m (11,476 ft); Mount Dampier – 3440 m (11,286 ft) – and 4th is Mount Silberhorn – 3279 m (10,758 ft).
2. Alexander McCall Smith.
3. Ayn Rand.
4. A blowing, spouting, blunt-headed dolphin-like cetacean (and in case you had to check the meaning of cetacean, it’s a member of the mammalian order Cetacea, containing whales).
5. a) Afrikaans; b) Fijian; c) Hindi; d) Niuean; e) Samoan (hat tip: WikiHow).