Monday’s questions were:
1. Who said: “There are no conditions of life to which a man cannot get accustomed if he sees them accepted by everyone about him”?
2. What’s a gillie (sometimes written as ghillie)?
3. Which is Italy’s biggest lake?
4. Which sheep breed resulted from crossing Cheviots and Romneys?
5. Who wrote The Curly Pyjama Letters?
Gravedodger got 4 out of 5 with a bonus for knowing Como is Italy’s deepest lake; Ray got 3 right and gets 1/2 a point for being on the right track with the answer to number 3 and Kismet scored 3.
The answers follow the break.
1. Leo Tolstoy in Anna Karenina.
2. A highland chief’s attendant, or the person who attends hunters and fishers in Scotland.
3. Lake Garda.
4. Perendale – by Sir Geoffrey Peren at Massey University.
5. Michael Leunig.