Monday’s questions were:
1. Which is New Zealand’s shortest river?
2. Who said “What is left for men to do? After they’ve taken the rubbish out, that is?”
3. Who wrote For Better, For Worse and For Lunch?
4. Who was the first woman to graduate from the University of Otago (which I think means NZ)?
5. What are the Maori and botanical names for cabbage tree?
Paul Tremewan did best with two right and 1 very close (it’s Christina not Christine for 3). No-one got the anser to 2.
Tuesday’s answers follow the break:
1. Turanganui River, near Gisborne. It’s just 1200m in length.
2. Kim Hill.
3. Christina Hindhaugh.
4. Caroline Freeman was Otago’s first female graduate, she was capped in 1885. I thought that meant the first in New Zealand but Paul’s answer of Kate Edger sent me on a search which established she was the first woman to graduate from the University of New Zealand in 1877.
5. Ti Kouka and Cordyline Australis.