Monday’s questions were:
1. Who wrote A Fence Around the Cuckoo?
2. Which are the five largest electorates, by area, in New Zealand?
3. Who said: ” Literature is the art of writing something that will be read twice; journalism what will be grasped at once”?
4. What was the name of the ship which carried the first shipment of frozen meat from New Zealand to Britian?
5. Who chairs Meat & Wool NZ?
Tuesday’s answers are after the break:
1. A Fence Aroung the Cuckoo was the first volume of Ruth Park’s autobiography.
2. The electorates, and area they cover are: Te Tai Tonga, 161,443 sq kms; Clutha Southland, 38,247 sq kms, West Coast-Tasman, 38,042 sq kms, Te Tai Hauauru, 35, 825 sq kms and Waitak,i 34, 888 sq kms.
5. Mike Petersen, who farms in Hawkes Bay.